***** PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING *****
In light of the COVID-19 global pandemic Grandio Party Hostel may not be ready to accept guests at this time, so if you do make a booking for the immediate future it may be moved to our sister hostel, Retox Party Hostel, while we finalise our situation in this confusing time.
You can sleep when you're dead so DON'T expect to get any sleep here!
Grandio is one of the few places on this planet that truly welcomes alcoholics, lost souls and party people with talent but no direction. It is a living, breathing creature that is constantly evolving. We’re not about being all fancy, we’re about welcoming everyone and anyone who want to be part of our family of drinkers and wanderers. There is no place in this world like Grandio, there is only one Grandio.
What we want to do here is make sure you have the best possible time in this amazing city. We’re not one of those party hostels that just do pub crawls every night; we want you to experience the most of Budapest’s nightlife, so every night the crew will take you out for boat parties, bus parties, drinking game nights, karaoke and open mic nights, the famous Sparty bath party, and yeah, of course we’re gonna fit a free pub crawl or two in there.
The staff here have all been hand picked to party with you and show you the best Grandio and Budapest has to offer. We have a finger of the city’s pulse and can always offer you great advice on things to do and give you a full rundown of what to see while you’re here as soon as you arrive.
The hostel itself is in a 150-year-old building which has been decorated by street artists from around the world. We have a mix of basic dorm rooms with varying numbers of beds (don’t worry though, you won’t be sleeping much), some with an en suite and some with shared bathrooms, all of which are secured with an electronic key system.
We are located perfectly for those who like drinking, smack bang in the heart of Budapest’s 7th district, which is populated with the city’s most famous bars and clubs, all of which are within walking distance. We don’t have a huge catalogue of rules but we do ask that all our guests respect our neighbours and the city’s noise curfew. We’re pretty loose and have seen some weird stuff over the years but we do ask that our guests respect the nation’s laws while staying with us, it’s not absolute anarchy here. Other than that, we want you to be having a wild time, meeting people from all over the world you can share awesome new memories with.
During the day, you can hang out in our courtyard bar, playing flip pong or slamming strawpedos. If you’re not too hungover, we can help you organise all sorts of daytime activities to fill your time, whether it be a visit to Budapest’s famous thermal baths, adventure caving, escape rooms, paintballing, shooting, and much more.
If you’re lucky enough to come to Grandio in the winter you’ll find the party atmosphere still going strong; open bonfires in the snow and cooking meals whilst downing beers and wine is one of our favorite ways to pregame before a night out. While open air in summer, our bar gets a neat little enclosure with heating in the winter so there’s still plenty of room for drinking games and late night parties, and if you’re lucky enough you might get to experience the infamous anal room.
- Grandio is part of the Budapest Party Hostels brand and is one of the wildest of the bunch. Like the name says, this is A PARTY HOSTEL, we go out every night, some people drink in the daytime, there is a bar, sometimes sex, and a lot of fun. If you don’t feel like this is the best environment for you, please try other accommodation like our sister hostel, Vitae Hostel.
- We are a strictly drug free hostel and have a zero tolerance policy on the issue. If you are found on drugs, with drugs or asking for them, inside or outside of the hostel, you will be evicted immediately with no refund.
- Regrettably, due to the fact that this is a licensed premises we can not take bookings for anyone under the age of 18. Also, due to previous experience, we don’t usually take bookings for people over 36, but if you are an older traveler and would feel comfortable staying here then by all means email us so we can discuss it.
- Grandio welcomes group bookings (including University/Erasmus trips, stag and hen dos, sports tours). If you are part of a group booking, please get in touch with us directly and we can hook you up with our group bookings manager who can help you book all sorts of activities in advance!
- We offer a 24 hour check in, but please be aware our usual office hours are 8am - Midnight. If you are arriving outside of these hours please confirm your arrival time so we can make sure there is a staff member available to check you in.
-All guest will be required to pay a small key deposit upon check in that will be returned to them upon check out so long as the key is not lost and no damage has been done to the hostel. Please note for bookings of under 6 people the key deposit is 3000huf, in cases of groups of 6 or more each guest will have to provide 10,000huf.